Brown County, Ohio
Many residents of Aberdeen, Ripley, Higginsport and other Brown County cities are familiar with the river way of life. Whether using the Ohio River for recreation on pleasure craft, speedboats and cruisers or working on docks, Brown Countians have knowledge and respect for the river. Steven Schletker grew up in an Ohio River family. He has called upon his family experience and training on river cases to help injured workers for more than 20 years. As the son of a tow boat pilot, Steven Schletker understands how rewarding and strenuous working on the river can be.
Steven Schletker represents clients who are injured on the Ohio River and seeking compensation. He concentrates his practice on the representation of injured workers. He does not accept cases from river companies or carriers who insure river companies. If you or a family member have been injured on the job, proper representation is essential. For more than 20 years Steven Schletker has been working with injured clients to help them obtain proper compensation. Here are a few reasons why:
- Steven Schletker works one on one with each client to create an individualized claim.
- While working with Steven Schletker you will receive prompt, passionate assistance with creating a claim.
- Steven Schletker appreciates that when an accident occurs it may be difficult for an injured party to understand the necessary steps to take in order to alleviate some of his/her financial burdens.
- Steven Schletker will work with you on an individual basis to work out a remedy that is best for you.
- Steven Schletker has worked with federal Jones Act, General Maritime, Admiralty laws for more than 20 years.
Brown County’s southernmost border is the Ohio River. Known for its rich history in farming, Brown County has used the Ohio River for nearly 100 years to aid in agriculture and transportation of goods. Its location adjacent to the Ohio River has enabled Brown County residents to seek employment as tow boat workers for companies that utilize the river. As workers spend more time on the river, their chance of injury increases. Steven Schletker will use his knowledge of the Ohio River industry in this region to help maximize your recovery. If you have suffered a traumatic injury or cumulative injury as the result of repetitive trauma, federal law may provide a remedy to help with medical bills and lost wages.
If you or a family member have been in an accident on or near the river, call Steven Schletker to start the process of preserving your rights. If you work on tow boats, barges or river docks, your rights are different than those of land based workers. Your rights may be determined by the federal Jones Act, the General Maritime/Admiralty Laws of the United States. Steven Schletker will consult with you to help determine what system your jobs duties are covered by. There is no charge for the initial consultation. Call Steven Schletker at 800-254-7487 to start the process of protecting your rights.